9/11/2009

THE SECRET TO STAYING INSIDE

I didn't leave the house today, there was no reason to.  I had everything I needed for this day in the 10' x 10' space I sat in.  All day.  My computer desk sits in front of a window (fresh air) that looks out onto the downtown Los Angeles skyline (view I enjoy).  The street in front of the house is very busy with pretty much non-stop traffic (lots of action, don't feel like I'm alone in the world), and every few minutes I get a sample of what people are listening and singing to (comedy) on the radio (world culture).  Lately there has been a lot of Michael Jackson mixed in with the Mariachi.  I have started wearing maxi dresses around the house.  They are comfortable when it's hot, non-confining, and since I have gone to some length to pick the right ones, I feel sexy when behaving like a sloth.  I have the internet of course, so I spent the day educating myself about retirement planning, P/E ratios and chart analysis (bettered myself).  I read the newest news about the oldest person in the world, watched this promo for a new documentary, and answered a poll about whether I think Penelope Cruz is pregnant or not (entertained myself).  But the very best part of the day came when it was time to feed myself.  Dominoes.com.   I wondered if it was possible to order in pizza online, the answer is YES!  I was able to order it custom, exactly the way I like it, pay for it and see how many calories it would be if (when) I ate the whole thing.  And the best feature of all, I got to watch a meter showing precisely where in the whole process my pizza was.  Pizza $10 and change, Coke $2, tip for adorable man with heavy accent $3.

 
Priceless.
I knew exactly when it was time to put some pants on to greet the driver (thank you Evita, he said).  I won't do this often because it was 1000 calories, but it was the most perfectly hot pizza and cold coke I have ever had.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Makes me want to buy a maxi dress (which I look awful in - I know because I tried a few on), order pizza (which I, of course, can't eat) and play on/with the internet, (which is always entertaining but not very productive.) That's how persuasive this blog is!