9/21/2009

HUGH JACKMAN - CRIKEY!!



G'Day Mate You missed a little soap on your back there Mr. Hugh Jackman, let me get that for you...

I'm 12, I know.   This scene is from Australia which I watched the other day.  It was better than the reviews had led me to believe.  It starts out a little campy and cartooney, but comes around.  It's big and cinematic which makes me wish I would have seen it in the theater.  Then I could have seen Hugh shirtless in large scale... ah, regret.  I have always liked Nicole Kidman and think she is beautiful but her face, particularly her lips, looks different to me.  I'm just sayin'.   The two have great chemistry together and it's nice to see grand glorious romance between grown adults.  I am a sucker for films with women who come into a totally messed up situation and rights it all, even if everything gets blown to bits by the Japanese (ooop, sorry for the spoiler).  It's a long film so make sure you have plenty of popcorn and the remote so you can pause for a potty break (and the shower scene).



NYT Review:  “Australia” is rated PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned). Some bloody violence, many stampeding hooves.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Aaahhhh. . . .
Adventure, romance. . . sounds fabulous. I'm going right now to Blockbuster and rent it. Then I plan to crawl into bed, watch the movie, and get over this sore throat!

Brecken said...

I'm with you....Hugh is lovely.