9/07/2009

MY CAT CAN EAT A WHOLE WATERMELON

I stayed in today because I am feeling nauseous and tired. One of the things they don't tell you in the 6th grade sex ed class is that sometimes the whole woman cycle thing can really ring all the fun out of you. Not only do you get the mood swings and weight gain, but you also get exclusive membership in the acne of the month club. This month it's tiny little painful bumps on my chin and arms. Sexy. Or maybe I'm just coming down with something and it has nothing to do with PMS, who knows. In any case I thought my favorite summer treat would help me feel better, a big bowl of ice cold watermelon. Mmmmm.  I use an ice cream scoop to make great giant watermelon balls and keep my fridge stocked for as long as it is in season. 12oz of watermelon is only 102 calories, that's a lot of summer love. I was dishing myself up and from somewhere in the deep crinkles of my brain echoed My cat can eat a whole watermelon! It's a line from a bizarro movie called Ruben & Ed that came out in 1991. The film was made in Salt Lake City by a local director and became a cult classic. I will never not laugh when I see this clip. It's my favorite kind of brilliant stupid.  Ruben is having a heat induced hallucination in the middle of the desert where he has gone to bury his dead cat. I hope that when I am an old old lady this is where my brain goes.

1 comment:

Mom said...

The fact that this clip is funny to you is disturbing, but what is horrifying is that this is where you want your brain to be someday. Yikes!