9/18/2009

AN ODE TO HOT ENGLISH CHASTITY

I stole the title of this post completely from the New York Times review of the film "Bright Star".  Hot English chastity, it's just too good.  I went to an advance screening of this film last week and found it quite lush and lovely.  I was apprehensive remembering that Jane Campion's film "The Piano" was a hot un-chaste New Zealand film about passion, infidelity, and frustration.  I remember wanting to sink to the bottom of the ocean along with the piano at the end of that two hours.  This is a film I happily recommend to my 18th century film loving sisters (regular and in laws) and my Momma.  It's a great candidate for a mommies night out.  Take your favorite girls and your mom (no awkward moments here), that way you can sustain the swoon for a little while longer while you discuss your favorite swoonie parts.   It's romantic, beautifully shot, and the pacing is such that just getting to sit there without being hassled by your progeny will be enough to make it thoroughly delicious.  There is a beautiful little red headed actress who you will wish had more screen time because she too, is just too good and thoroughly delicious.  Bright Star is the love story of the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne.



“Bright Star” is rated PG (parental guidance suggested). It is perfectly chaste and insanely sexy.  (Also stolen from the NYT!).

2 comments:

Mom said...

I can't wait to see this one. It's great to have my own personal movie critic/sensor, who know what I will like and what I don't!

Unknown said...

I've been biding my time until this one came out. The trailer looked so great! Glad to know it was worth seeing. It's still not showing here . . .