9/02/2009

ART CAN CALM THE SAVAGE BEAST

This morning I woke up and realized that sometime during the night I must have gotten up and taken a double dose of irritable.  When I am awake I don't remember where I keep it, but it must be here somewhere.  It's the only explanation for how I could go to bed feeling fine, get 7 hours of uninterrupted restful sleep, and wake up ready to give birth through my chest (all Sci-Fi like) to the angry alien gestating in there.

It's also 93 degrees, humid, and the air is a freaky color and full of ash from the fires.  And I have PMS.  Luckily for me (and all of mankind really) I had made plans to go to the Getty Center for an architecture and gardens tour with Jen this afternoon.  Art and air conditioning can always calm the savage beast.  Here are some photos I took around the property.



2 comments:

Niles said...

Did you buy a new camera? Please don't tell me you took these with your little point and shoot digital. The snob in me who insists you can't shoot decently with less than a $400 lens can't take it.

Eve said...

Point and shoot baby! But the snob in me wants that $400 lens.