8/26/2009

MY NYA IS MADE OF PINK FOAM...

My niece Nya turned 4 yesterday. Happy Birthday Nya! She is 4 going on 15, with a bullet.  Recently when I was home visiting, my sister and I were heading to Chuck E Cheese with her kids.  We heard Brynn asking Nya what kind of birthday party she wanted to have. It went like this:

Brynn: What kind of party do you want to have Nya?
Nya: Something that's boyish.
Brynn: Like Spiderman? or Superman? Why do you want it to be boyish?
Nya: Because then the BOYS WILL LIKE IT! (Duh).

Oh Boy. My Nya is made of pink foam. I have said so since she was born. When you pick her up she feels like she weighs nothing even though she's full of trouble, willful determination, and boy crazy.

They continued their discussion about party activities, and I chatted on with my sister until we heard Nya say "Well... I guess they don't have to get punched in the face..."

Happy Birthday Nya, I like your style.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Let the record show that she did end up having a boy/girl party. It was gender neutral. They watched Charlottes web after dark at a homemade outdoor theatre...and no one was punched in the face.